A clear & simple statement of the Contract for the weekly rental of our (the Owners) holiday home for private self-catering accommodation for holidays & business trips.
The named guest on the booking must be over 18 years of age at the time of booking, is a member of the party staying and will be personally staying at Rowan during the entire rental and has responsibility and liability and will ensure all guests staying or visiting at Rowan understand and follow these Terms and Conditions.
By making a Booking and paying a Deposit you Confirm you (the named guest) have read these Terms and Conditions and you accept and will follow them.
1) Changeover day is Saturday, except Christmas and New Year when a different day may apply.
Arrival after 4pm, Departure by 10am. Times Subject to Change.
Parking: Rowan has three designated spaces. Overnight parking is strictly for our booked guests only.
2) The deposit is 30% of the rental price for each week or the amount stated in the emailed booking details and is non-refundable. The Balance Due by Date is 70 days before arrival or as noted on the emailed Confirmation of Booking. If the arrival date is less than 70 days when a booking is made, the full amount is due. You will receive an email with your Booking Reservation – this is not a booking confirmation.
3) Payments can be made by bank transfer or cheque. If booking online, secure online payments can be made using debit or credit cards through the third-party provider, Stripe.
A payment made to us or received by us is not a Confirmation of Booking. Your booking is only confirmed when you have received our email with Confirmation of Booking. If we are unable to confirm your booking reservation, we will email you and all monies paid will be returned.
4) We provide an email with Confirmation of Booking with your details, dates of stay, rates, payment information, due dates. The balance due must be PAID NO LATER THAN THE DUE BY DATE INDICATED ON THE BOOKING CONFIRMATION. We do not send out reminders. If a payment is overdue, we will attempt to contact you. We reserve the right to treat your booking as cancelled if your payment has not made 5 days after the due date and we will notify you and the deposit is not refundable. The final balance payment is not refundable after the Due by Date.
5) We recommend all guests take out travel insurance in the event your visit is cancelled or curtailed by you for illnesses including Coronavirus, self-isolation or quarantine, injury, home or family emergency, jury duty, etc. for all members of your party. These risks are insurable by you.
6) Our rates include bed linen, bathroom towels and mats, tea towels, oven gloves, electricity, gas, central heating, cleaning and dishwashing supplies (tablets, liquid, cloths, scrubber) are provided for your use during your stay.
7) WiFi is complimentary, subject to network conditions outside of our control and is for pleasure and not for business purposes. No WiFi sockets or routers are to be used by guests. If business use is required, please contact us.
8) Responsibility The named guest is part of the party staying and will be staying at the property for the entire booking period and is responsible for all the guests staying or visiting and the things they do or do not do at the property and will be expected to take all reasonable care during your stay. You are legally responsible for all damages and breakages and should report these immediately.
A Departure Checklist and Notes will be supplied.
9) The Accidental Damage Deposit is due with the Balance of the Holiday Rental price.
11.) You the named guest will notify us or our representative by text, email, or phone of any damage/breakage/ faults as soon as possible as they occur during your stay so that repairs/replacements/inspections can be organised and provided swiftly for you and subsequent guests. Please don’t wait until departure to tell us and/or leave a note for the Housekeeper to discover! We do not charge for normal wear and tear which has been promptly notified and confirmed to us. Depending on the event, it may be advice can be given to assist or minimise inconvenience, stains, repairs or further damage. We will charge for damaged, broken or missing items.
We the Owners also ask you to report to us as soon as noticed during your stay should you discover any damaged or missing items or faulty fixture or fitting, to enable prompt repair/replacement/inspection. If you think something needs attention or may not be working correctly tell us promptly during your stay.
12) In the unexpected circumstance Rowan is uninhabitable due for example to fire, flood, property damage, loss of essential services (electricity, water, gas, septic), government or authority order, we will refund all monies received by us for the holiday rental.
The Owners reserve the right to cancel a booking at any time and return all holiday rentals payments received without giving a reason.
The Owners cannot accept any consequential costs due to such types of cancellation by us such as for example: travel arrangements, pre-booked or planned events such as weddings, festivals, theatre tickets, dining or alternative accommodation, etc. You may want travel insurance that covers this type of cancellation.
13) We the Owners cannot accept liability for incidents during your stay for injury, death, loss or damage to your person, guests, belongings, dogs, or other property of yours or guests including vehicles and contents unless it was due to our negligence or wilful misconduct as owners.
The Owners will not be liable for any events outside of our reasonable control such as breakdowns in plumbing, wiring, appliances, noise or building works outside our property boundary or exceptional or unforeseen weather or circumstances.
Where it is not possible to exclude or cap by law, the owner’s liability is limited to the payments received for the Holiday Rental.
14) Rowan is let solely for the purpose of a holiday and/or a business trip. A business trip staying at our property would include casual checking and keeping up to date with emails and messages after being out at work. It does not include holding meetings or interviews at the property or using our WiFi to work as normal but away from home or office. If we think the property is being used for work, we may investigate, and we could ask the property to be vacated (at our discretion) and no refund.
15) Charging of electric vehicles is strictly forbidden.
We are not a disability qualifying property. If you have questions or concerns, or if there are any specific or special considerations contact us before booking so you can assess the property’s suitability.
This is a NON-SMOKING property.
Any services by a third-party at our property (chef, catering, spa treatments, car valet, etc.) will not be engaged without our prior permission and written consent which requires proof of their liability insurance and approved by our insurers. If agreed we accept no liability for third party services and activities and you will be required to pay for any damages, blockages, losses, replacements, cleaning, extra expenses, lost rental due to the property being unrentable.
16) Rowan utilises a private SEPTIC TANK SYSTEM which requires careful management. The named guest will ensure all guests staying with you or visiting you at Rowan understand and follow the Septic System Guidelines provided inside the property in the House Notes. Should something be disposed incorrectly due to accident or miscommunication, please inform us as soon as possible so that advice and remedial measures can be put in place to avoid blockages and septic malfunction.
17) Rowan is not marketed or designed or furnished for children, toddlers, babies either inside or outside. All guests and any visitors must be aged 14 years and above unless we have specifically agreed in writing. A breach of this condition may require us to refuse entry or require some or all guests to vacate (at our sole discretion) and no refund will be given.
You have booked for the number of guests – Adults and over 14 years old – as indicated on the booking details. Any changes must be notified to us and is subject to our agreement. Rowan sleeps a maximum of six (6) guests in the three (3) bedrooms.
18) Each of these terms conditions sentences paragraphs operates separately.
The holiday rental contract is effective from the date and time of our emailed Confirmation of Booking and is governed by English Law and the jurisdiction of English courts. If any terms conditions sentences paragraphs are deemed unlawful, the remaining items will remain in effect and full force.
In the event of any dispute, it will be referred to the English Courts and any actions in the jurisdiction of the area where the property is located.